Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The First Search That Actually Matters

I’ve conducted a lot of searches in my career. Most have been successful, and many have had significant positive impacts on companies and careers. Having impact is, in my opinion, what makes recruiting worth doing. For the first time though, I’m helping out with a search that really matters. Problem is that I don’t have the first clue where to start on this one.

My friends, Jenny and Lee have chosen to take a big step forward as a family, and have begun the search for a private adoption. And I’d like to do whatever I can to help out. So just in case this post ever gets in front of a potential birth mother considering adoption as an option, here’s the recruiting pitch.

Jenny and Lee are quite simply two of the best people on the planet. Like any couple, they’ve had their share of triumphs and tragedies during their time together. What’s remained stable throughout their travels has been their commitment to each other, their families, their friends and to their values. I can’t imagine a better environment for a child to grow up then within Jenny and Lee’s home.

I could say a bunch more about Jenny and Lee, but I think they do a much better job on Jenny and Lee’s Adoption Web Site.

The usual tools of the recruiting trade - such as LinkedIn and Boolean search strings - can’t help with this search. But maybe if we can help spread the word, we can find a match and make a big impact on the lives of others.

No comments: